Saturday, February 28, 2009

And so it begins...

Travel season is underway! Two back to backers this year. (Indianapolis & Nashville). This is the first time I've done that. I've said that I've been very panicked about it though, and haven't quite been able to voice my reasons for the panic. I think being away from home for 2 months is a big part of it. And I'm doing work that I haven't done in 2 years, so that makes me a little nervous. I'm going to a new location I've never been before (Indy), which is a little bit of an adventure. And I'm going with a new guy I've only had lunch with once. Spending 2 months with a person tends to make or break you. I have this fear that we'll end up hating eachother. I tend to get irritated easily. I don't mean to. It kinda just happens. And if I couldn't get along with Seth (who I hate to admit is probably one of my best friends these days) for a full 4 weeks last year, how the hell am I going to handle a new guy? He has some big shoes to fill. I've been out on these projects with Seth for the past 2 years. I think another part of the panic is whether I'll be able to do this without him there. I should be able to do this alone, or atleast have a good time with the new guy, but I think Seth and I get eachother. We had similar work styles, and late nights, and interests. We'll see how it goes...
Happy March. How did we get here? How the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment