Thursday, January 13, 2011

Alone

And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
But oh no more.
That's why I hold,
That's why I hold with all I have.
That's why I hold.
And I will die alone and be left there.
Well I guess I'll just go home,
Oh God knows where.
Because death is just so full and man so small.
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before.

I feel this may be true.  Lately I've been pretty depressed about the dating scene.  I feel like I've tapped out all my resources.  Even my friends are asking their friends, or people that know me.  Here is one response one of my friends received:
"I have two problems with that.  1)  Almost every guy I spend time with is married (one of the last options is engaged), and 2) I never think the guys I know are good enough for the girls I think are cool.  *A* fits that category.  However, I will attempt to keep an eye out for this good guy that we hope for her to find."
The problem with this "she's too cool" mentality is that if everyone thinks that... I still end up alone.  Please don't want this for me.
 
I'm frustrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment