Sunday, May 22, 2011

Power of Smell

It can hit at any moment.  That whiff of something familar, out of no where... and then you're whisked away to some far off memory or unexpectedly with that person that just jumped in to your brain.  It's an incredible occurance.  It's amazing how fast you're transformed from one place to the next.  And sometimes it's only for a second. 
The smell of fresh cut grass does this to me every now and then.  Breathe deep.  Now I'm at Caruther's Park and I'm 10 years old playing softball.
Jasmine is summer.  Vanilla is home.  In times likes this... I love.
I've always said I wish I could "take a picture" of a smell.  Is that weird?
But the list does go on and on.  I can't even predict sometimes which smell will transport me, or when it will happen.    
Just sitting at Panera I smelled a cologne.  And all of a sudden, and without warning, I have someone else in my thoughts.  It's times like this... I hate.  Get out of my head.

1 comment: