Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Horror

I just woke up. It's 12:06am and I just woke up. I must have fallen asleep studying again. Actually I think I let myself this time. I'm still in my sweatshirt and jeans, and haven't washed my face or brushed my teeth, but sometimes that's comforting. It's like a little dose of escape. I know I'd get better sleep if I'd just put on the pjs, but for some reason I won't let myself do that.
I don't normally dream when I sleep either. I don't really know what that means. I've been told that's false. We dream everytime, it's just a matter of remembering. I hardly ever remember. However, when it does happen, they tend to be doozies.
And the one I just now woke from was no exception. I don't know what was happening, I was definitely in a house. It was supposed to be my house, but it wasn't my house. I think I was cleaning. It felt like a long time, and I'm sure other things happened, that I don't remember. But I woke up just after I heard my mom screaming. It was a blood curdling scream. I didn't see my mom, but in my head I knew it was her. And in my head I knew I had to call 911, but I couldn't find the phone, and I couldn't get any words out. Panic. And then I woke up. But I can still hear her screaming, even awake. It's sort of haunting.
And now, I don't want to go get ready for bed. I don't want to put on my pjs, brush my teeth, or wash my face. If I fall back asleep, I might have to finish that dream, and I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment