Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The World Spins Madly On...

What a whirlwind these past 2 weeks have been.

Sunday - Thursday Andie Hospital & LA & Riverside commute, Friday Angels game, Saturday Bachlorette Party, Sunday San Diego, Monday The Decemberists, Tuesday Rent, Wednesday Disneyland, Thursday Angels game, Friday Rehearsal, Wedding Saturday, U2 Sunday.

My little sister got married. That's weird. It was a really good day though. Rushed and crazy, but fantastic. I may have cried a little, which is super weird because I'm pretty much dead inside. I don't know how that happened. The worst tradition ever at weddings is the bouquet toss. Why are we all ashamed that we are single? I was standing on the dance floor already because it had just been the bridal party dance... so you can't just walk away. EVERYONE knows I'm single.... so I stood there.... and no one was joining me. Finally, a few girls trickeled up... but I, of course, was the tallest, and no one really was happy about standing up there. So Andie tossed the flowers, they came right at me... I stuck up my hand and grabbed them. Took one for team there. No one cared. Boo. I overheard my Mom saying goodbye to Kendal & Sonya. She said "We'll see you for Alison's wedding." Son said "Alison's getting married?!" Mom said, "well.... she caught the bouquet!" :(

The next day was U2. So we met up at 2:30 to Caravan out there, parked on the golf course, and had a little picnic. The Black Eyed Peas opened, and Slash made a little guest appearance. They were great! Then, U2. I don't know that there are words to express this event. The thousands of people there was the most impressive thing about the whole thing. I mean, don't get me wrong... it's U2... they're pretty fantastic. I feel like they're definitely a band you need to see in your lifetime, and I am so glad to have experienced that. It took about 2 hours to get out of the golf course "parking lot", and about an hour to get home. So I think I crawled into bed at 2:30 and woke up again at 5:20 to start my week all over again. 3 shot latte morning for sure. Worth it.

The email just came. "Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Angels World Series -Game 2, scheduled at Angel Stadium of Anaheim with a date and time to be announced, has been cancelled." Sad day. Maybe next year. Count down to April begins again.

I wrote another letter. I get sappy when I write. I even wrote that in the letter. Letter writing is more intimate than emailing... is it more intimate than chatting? Is it more intimate than a phone conversation? Is it more intimate than a face to face conversation? No. But why do you feel like you can express yourself more deeply in writing? I think it's probably because you can't see the reaction of the person reading it. Does that make a difference?

And the spinning continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment