Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stadium 22 - PNC Park

It's a bit of a crazy idea. You know, trying to visit every Major League baseball stadium.  Somehow though... somehow I'm doing really well.  

I was alone this week, working in Indianapolis.  I was alone for my birthday.  I am alone for Easter (tomorrow).  So I had this crazy idea to drive to Pittsburgh (a 6 hour drive) because baseball season has started and there is a stadium within a reasonable distance that I had not been to.  I was on the fence about if I should go or not.  A friend of mine said "You need to go. If you don't, you will regret it. And 'Adventures' is what you do." After hearing that, how can I not go? So here it is.  

First off, this is not where I sat.  But it was close.  The Pittsburgh skyline is pretty fantastic with the buildings and the Roberto Clemente bridge just beyond the Batter's Eye.  (Check out my new iphone camera lens!  This is the Fish Eye feature.  It is amazing)


I didn't get a chance to walk around the entire stadium like I normally do.  It being opening day weekend and all, the Pittsburgh fans packed it in.  I did manage to grab a gyro & a Brooklyn Lager craft beer. (both were the shortest lines... which is too bad.  Gyro = yum. And I guess Pittsburghians? prefer their Coors Light. Suckers)

So leaving the stadium, and crossing over the bridge you see this view.  It's incredible. 

On my way out, I did stop and snap a picture of me with the sign.  Pretty much just to prove I was really there.

Also, bonus!  It was a Saturday night game... which meant FIREWORKS!  Yay.  It was fun.

It was a great game.  Extra innings. Walk off infield hit.  Yeah, I'm happy I went. 
22 down, 11 to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment