Sunday, June 24, 2012

Growing Pains

No... this isn't about the television show.  Although, back in the day I really enjoyed coming home from school knowing that it'd be on... Yeah, my tastes then were a little suspect.

This week has been a tough week for saying goodbye.  And maybe it's not even goodbye... it's just, things are going to be different from now on... let's try and get through it.

First, one of my very dear friends is moving to Minnesota.  He happened to be a coworker of mine, but we never worked together.  When he first started out we sat next to each other in the cubicles.  Our hello to each other every morning was "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey neighbor".  It was great.  We used to play pranks on each other all the time.  Just little things.  He stood all my pens and markers up on end.  He printed out Mariners posters and posted them all over my desk... just little things.  I cardboard barricaded his desk... and also post it noted his desk. Things that didn't matter, but were fun, and brought us closer together. He has the same personality as my brother... so that kind of ended up being his role.  He was my work brother... just a little bit more mature.  So in the time that I knew him he got engaged and got married.  I flew to Minnesota for the wedding.  I love his wife as well.  We've changed apartments, changed career positions, we've been through a death of a friend, they've had a baby... It's been wonderful knowing them. And they love Jesus, and aren't afraid to talk about it.  I love them and will miss them so very much.  On the upside... I do travel a lot.  And I have not yet been to Target field, and so they have already offered to let me stay with them, and go to a game.  And I will definitely take them up on that offer.

The other "goodbye" was a little bit different.  He's not going anywhere. I had to vent some things about the relationship that I was frustrated about.  That I was unclear about. But in the process, I fear I may have screwed up.  I think I may have ruined it.  Where I screwed up the most was probably not hearing his side.  Yeah, now that I think about it... it was all me talking.... with him on the defensive.  I probably could have handled it differently.  I can be such an idiot some times.

Relationships are hard.  In order to move forward, risk most definitely needs to be taken.  I am awful at that part.  I am adventurous when it comes to the world, I am so afraid when it comes to people.  This attempt at honesty was a big step for me.  I hope I didn't make a mistake.

So... I think the theme of the week was... Growing Pains hurt like hell.  But how else are we gonna grow?

What I'm listening to... Nothing new. Broken Bells still plays on my car stereo every single day.
What I'm watching... Nothing new. It's summer.  Go outside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment