Sunday, June 3, 2012

Home again, home again

Jiggity Jig.

After a quick weekend in Boston, and another week in Birmingham, I am home.  Hooray!  It's not that I mind the travel.  It's the being away that's the hard part.  10 weeks and 22 flights.  I'm an expert packer.  I know my way around an airport.  I know how to deal with TSA.  I know how to navigate in other cities.  I take advantage of the surrounding area. I like to explore.  
I find that the readjusting to home life can be difficult.  Grocery shopping again.  Submerging myself in society again.  It's more complicated than it sounds.  When people just expect that you're gone, it's easy to make excuses.  

I am happy to be back.  Now is the time for action.  Let's get some stuff going.  Big projects are in the works.  Hopefully big relationships are in the works as well.  

Stay tuned for the massive happenings of my little life.

What I'm listening to: Even though it's an older album AWOLNATION has not left my car cd player for over a year.  It's one of the best driving albums I've ever found.
What I'm watching: Breaking Bad! I'm in the middle of the 2nd season.  My favorite line so far is "DBAA - Apply yourselves."  Love it.
Also - So You Think You Can Dance has begun for the summer.  This is the only competition show/reality tv that I will watch.  It's so great though.  Very emotional and such a great way to be introduced to new music.  I can't express it.  Must watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment