Friday, May 15, 2009

Grey Sky Morning

It's been an interesting morning. I awoke with a gasp. Glanced at the clock and realized the alarm hadn't sounded and I was already 10 minutes late to meet my co-worker, Konstantine. I quickly gathered my remaining unpacked things, got myself ready, and met him in the lobby. Grabbed a quick yogurt and headed out to the car. While packing the trunk a box full of my papers and crap fell over and was strewn across the pavement, all the whilst 2 cars were waiting to pass and their drivers just sat there and stared at me. The morning was warm and humid, but the sun wasn't shining. My hair instantly became a football helmet of frizzyness, despite my straightening efforts. How do people live like this? Got to the familiar old Vantage building, a sight I haven't seen almost 3 weeks, where Konstantine handed the key off to me and told me to go up by myself, while he got coffee. :( Went up and got myself situated, and as soon as he returned I told him I was going down to get a cup for myself. As I walked down the stairs I looked forward to hearing my "preciate you". (is that wrong?) I filled up my cup and set it aside to get a creamer. However, I must have set it on a ridge in the counter, because all of a sudden my life was in slow motion. I could see the cup tipping over and the coffee spilling out, but I was helpless to stop it. All over the counter and all over the front of my skirt, coffee. I just stood there, thinking... is this really happening? Really?
Luckily, I am going home today, so I had an entire wardrobe in the trunk of the car. Two thumbs up for mornings that suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment