Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, I heard it once, I heard it once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And those of you who dare to dream, dreams really can come true." original lyrics by E.Y. Harburg, adapted by Shawn McDonald.

Is it all just an alternate universe? The happiness. Does it only take place if we dare to dream it, and even then is it really only a dream? Do bluebirds only fly over the rainbow? The song says someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me... when is that day? Dreams really can come true, but only can. Not will. Not they definitely will come true. I don't even know what this song means. It's a sad song. It's of wanting something more. And yet, I think through it all there is this hope that it can be changed, even without the guarantee. It's kinda like my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment