Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Sarah Said

I just listened to the Death Cab for Cutie song "What Sarah Said". It's kind of a sad song, but one of the last lines in the song is "Love is watching someone die." Is that true? I mean, that doesn't define love. It's true, love isn't going to run if those are the circumstances. So it's a characteristic of love maybe. Love is going to stick it out 'til the end, no matter the circumstance. In health, and in sickness. In life, and in death. The last line asks, "who is going to watch you die?" And here I wonder. My family would stick it out. Who else? And then, the questions that everyone asks at one point or another is "Who would go to my funeral?" Who would care? Who have I influenced? Who have I touched? Who cares? Who loves/loved? Tough questions. And I can only hope I've made a difference. Do we really ever know if it's true?
Thoughts running through my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment